Whirlpool Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of major appliances and related products for use within the home. Whirlpool has a worldwide presence in over 170 countries. The company is broken up into four segments based on geography which include: North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
• Manufacturing locations: United States, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Brazil, China and India
• Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Gladiator, Roper, Estate, Acros, Supermatic, Crolls, Inglis, Ingnis, Polar, Laden, Bauknecht, Brastemp, Consul, Embraco, Eslabon de Lujo
• Also a supplier to Sears, including some of the products that Sears markets under the Kenmore brand name.
• Various products include: air purifiers, automatic dryers, automatic washers, bakeware, built-in ovens, cooking gadgets, cookware, countertop appliances, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, fabric fresheners, freezers, garbage storage organizers, hot water heaters, ice makers, microwaves, portable appliances, ranges, refrigerators, room air conditioners, trash compactors, water dispensers
• Net sales were $14,317,000,000
• 65,682 employees (Year End Average Staff as of 12/31/05)
• Whirlpool North America, headquartered in MI, saw revenues of $8.9 billion
• Whirlpool Europe, operations center in Italy revenues of $3.2 billion
• Whirlpool Latin America, headquartered in Brazil delivered regional revenue of $2 billion
• Whirlpool Asia, headquartered in Peoples Republic of China reported revenues of $422 million
• There are 7,438 shareholders of Whirlpool... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 04). Whirlpool Case Study. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Whirlpool-Case-Study-146390.html
"Whirlpool Case Study" StudyMode.com. 04 2008. 04 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Whirlpool-Case-Study-146390.html>.
"Whirlpool Case Study." StudyMode.com. 04, 2008. Accessed 04, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Whirlpool-Case-Study-146390.html.