Ariel first appeared on the UK market in 1967 and was the first detergent with stain-removing enzymes. It was a high-sudsing powder designed for twin-tub and top-loading washing machines. With the rise in popularity of automatic front-loading washing machines, a suitable low-suds variant was launched in the early 1970s. The mid-eighties saw the range expanding to encompass liquid detergent and compact powder.
The compact powder was originally known as "Ariel Ultra"; and was subsequently reformulated into the nineties as "Ariel Futur". This was possibly in response to Unilever's launch of the ultimately doomed "Persil Power", which was seen to damage clothes. Compact powders never proved popular in the UK; so when the tablet variant appeared in July 1999, the compact version disappeared.
In 2003, Ariel brought out its quickwash action to its detergents, to allow consumers to be able to do their laundry on a quickwash cycle.
The available range in India currently includes:
* Ariel Complete (For hand wash or top-loading washing machines [HWTL])
* Ariel Anti Bac (For HWTL)
* Ariel 24-hour Fresh (For HWTL)
* Ariel Matic (For top- and front-loading washing machines)
Ariel is available in powder, tablet, ExcelGel and liquitab form.
* In 2006, Ariel started its "turn to 30" campaign to inspire consumers to wash in cool water so that energy can be saved.
* Ariel launched a concentrated version of their liquid detergents named Ariel Power in the spring of 2008.
* In October 2008, Ariel launched their new Excel Gel product which can be used in temperatures as low as 15 degrees celsius. This product was launched under... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). Tide Detergent. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tide-Detergent-1329679.html
"Tide Detergent" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tide-Detergent-1329679.html>.
- MLA 7
"Tide Detergent." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tide-Detergent-1329679.html>.
"Tide Detergent." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tide-Detergent-1329679.html.