8 APRIL 2013
ESSAY TOPIC: TECHNOLOGY SIMPLIFIES MODERN LIFE
TASK 1: TABULATION
1. Increase efficiency and productivity because humans are slow and they fail to deliver on time
1. new technology people are becoming less healthy as they can use the technology to do all the work for them 2. Changed health industry e.g reduces mistakes made by Doctors
2.technology created might not be useful for everyone and sometimes could even harm others e.g invention of weapon 3.Improve entertainment e.g Musicians can easily sell their music via i-tunes
3.It has made people lazy ( people have more luxury and neglected the need to exercise 4. Technology improve security e.g most of items in our houses are now automated which doors use fingerprints which guarantees security
4.Over exposure can lead to addiction and has man overly dependent on it
5. Easy, quick communication and travelling even from one planet to another
5. technology has sprouted many unethical practices like hacking
6. Scanning and saving records digitally. Saves space and make it easy to retrieve the documents
6/ It has deprived man of the warmth of contact ( communication lost its personal touch) 7. e-commerce (buying and selling advertising on-line): To make financial life easier. Advertisement can reach masses over internet
7. Machines replacing human being may create unemployment and crime
8. It enrich and expand classroom experience and Convenient in education, student learn on line education
8. Increase social isolation, people spend more time playing games and trying to learn new technology 9. Lots of data is been published. Easy access to information and increase access to Knowledge
9. Technology endangers our environment and it complicate our lives unnecessarily e.g pollution 10. Internet is cost effective and is always updated
10. Danger to animals e.g Oil spills devastate our oceans
11. Encourage Innovations and creativity.
11. Its risky especially on communication with strangers 12. It predict weather focus
12. High maintenance cost
TASK 2: ROUGH DRAFT
Modern technology has imprisoned us and it has failed to simplify our lives. It caused distractions at work. The use of social network had caused so much distraction and it affects the productivity of employees. Since most tasks are automated by technology, many employees become lazy; technology kills their creativity and skills. Simply tasks like calculating sales and tracking inventory are being done with computers. Employees communicate via cell phones which eliminate face-to-face communication. Employees become more reserved and self-centered, they get buried into their work which can be of great harm to a business.
Pretty much all of the excitement over the last century has been about the new advanced technology, most people are fooled by thinking they need the newest and the best. But to what extent is this new technology ruining the environment and the actual people? It is believed that with all the new technology people are becoming less healthy as they can use the technology to do all the work for them. Have the people of the world become too dependent on computers, cars, the internet, different machines, cellphones and high tech calculators? Technology has become the most common used thing in the world. Technology is every aspect of the human life, it effects from the time we wake up to the time we go to bed. We can say that,"living without technology is like living without air" in this technical world of today, therefore, we are much too dependent on technology. Since the industrial revolution, society has become more and more dependent on technology. So much so that we sometimes lack the willingness to think before we act. Technology is the making, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems or methods of organization in order to solve a problem or perform a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document