Task 1 Links to learning outcome 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, assessment criteria 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.
• Identify the main types of state and independent schools
• Describe the characteristics of the different types of schools in relation to educational stage(s) and school governance
• Describe roles and responsibilities of:
- School governors
- Senior management team
- Other statutory roles e.g. SENCO
• Describe the roles of external professionals who may work with a school e.g. educational psychologist
• Define the meaning of:
• Describe with examples how schools may demonstrate and uphold their aims
• Describe with examples how schools may demonstrate and uphold their values
• Identify the laws and codes of practice affecting work in schools
• Describe why school have policies and procedures
• Identify the policies and procedures school may have relating to:
- Pupil welfare
- Teaching and learning
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of national and local government for education policy and practice
• Describe the role of schools in national policies relating to children, young people and families
• Describe the roles of other organisations working with children and young people and how these may impact on the work in schools.
Identify the main types of state and independent schools
Links to learning outcome 1, assessment criteria 1.1
Describe the characteristics of the different types of schools in relation to educational stage(s) and school governance
Links to learning outcome 1, assessment criteria 1.2
All children in England between the ages of 5 and 16 are entitled to a free place at a state school. There are four main types of state schools that receive funding from the local authority. They all follow the national curriculum and... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 01). Tda 2.5 Schools as Organisations. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tda-2-5-Schools-As-Organisations-889338.html
"Tda 2.5 Schools as Organisations" StudyMode.com. 01 2012. 01 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tda-2-5-Schools-As-Organisations-889338.html>.
"Tda 2.5 Schools as Organisations." StudyMode.com. 01, 2012. Accessed 01, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tda-2-5-Schools-As-Organisations-889338.html.