In July 2003, ITC forayed into the Biscuits market with the Sunfeast range of Glucose, Marie and Cream Biscuits. Sunfeast's brand essence connotes happiness, contentment, satisfaction and pleasure. In a span of 9 years, Sunfeast has well-established presence in almost all categories of biscuits and is also a key player in the pasta and instant noodles segments. Sunfeast Biscuits straddle all segments of the market led by Dark Fantasy at the premium end. High quality married with exciting innovations has helped drive this category. Dark Fantasy Choco Fills has wowed the Indian consumer with its innovative centre-filled format and high-quality packaging.
In addition, the launch of the Dream Cream range of biscuits in two exciting and innovative dual cream formats further reinforces ITCs commitment to continuously delight the consumer. Company History - ITC
- On 24th August the Company was incorporated as a Private
Limited Company under the name, Imperial Tobacco Co. of India Ltd. The Company manufacture and distribute cigarettes and smoking tobaccos and speciality papers including cigarette
tissue papers (Sole manufacturer in the country). Other
activities include tobacco leaf processing, printing and
packaging, hotels, food and exports.
- The Company acquired the manufacturing business of Tobacco Manufacturers (India) Ltd., and the Complementary Lithographic printing business of Printers (India) Ltd.
- The Company was converted into a Public Limited Company on 27th October.
- The name of the Company was changed from the Imperial Tobacco Co. of India Ltd., to India Tobacco Co. Ltd., in May.
- 5,00,000 Right shares issued to Indian shareholders (prem. Rs 3 per shares). 32,90,000 No. of Equity Shares offered to the public (prem. Rs. 3 per share).
- On October Company entered into hotel business.
- Company received the approval of Govt. for setting up three processing plants.
- On 1st April name again changed to I T C Ltd.
- During this period an offer for sale of 28,04,775 equity
shares at par was made to the Indian public by the three major non-resident shares holders viz., Tobacco manufactures (India) Ltd, Tobacco Investments Ltd., and Rothmans International Ltd. all of UK.
- ITC Ltd Purchased the net asset in India of India Leaf Tobacco Development Co. Ltd. (UK).
- During December some foreign shareholders offered a total of 38,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 5.00 for sale to reduce the foreign equity holding of the
Company to 40%. The shares offered were 10,95,774 shares by Tobacco Manufacturers (India) Ltd., 26,42,216 shares by Tobacco Investments Ltd., U.K., and 57,010 shares by Rothmans
International Ltd., U.K.
- 37,90,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:5.
- The name of the Company's chain of hotels was changed from Welcom Hotels to Welcomgroup. The company entered into a
Marketing Service and Reservations Agreement with the Sheration International Incorporated which was sactioned by Govt. on 27th January.
- 45,48,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:5.
- A new Company under the name Gujarat Hotels was incorporated under a joint venture agreement signed between the Company and Gujarat Industrial Investment Corporation. This Co. had set up a 144-room hotel at Vadodara known as Welcomegroup Vadodara.
- The Company is holding 24.9% of the subscribed equity capital of Rs 348 lakhs of Gujarat Hotels Ltd., as on 31.03.1993.
- 29,38,050 shares allotted to bondholders in exchange of
accrued interest on 1.7.1984.
- 29,42,060 Shares allotted to bondholders in exchange of
- The Company signed a joint venture agreement with MP Audyogik Vikas Nigam for setting up of four...