My Success Strategy Plan
Success Strategy Plan Step 1: Student Success Strategies
1. What three success strategies (from the Student Success Strategies Guide) will you plan on using throughout your degree program to help you be a successful student? My 1st strategies is to schedule times to study and do assignments , The 2nd to attend all the live chat sessions and 3rd to log into the Virtual Campus at least twice a day.
2. Why will these strategies be most beneficial to you? Doing these steps will insure me that I have completed all assignment on time and of upcoming assignments. I will also be turning in my assignment on the due date and not after.
3. How have you changed your routine throughout this course to integrate these strategies into your day to day activity? I have changed my routine just a little through this course because since I’m not able to attend all the live chats now I have been making sure to watch the archived chat so that I can keep up with assignment, I have also been updating my calendar daily as well
4. What did you learn from your classmates’ discussion board responses that will help you become a more successful student? I have learned that a lot of my classmates and I have the same daily issues and that if I improve on my time management skills I should have no problem combining my work, school , and social life into my daily routine
Success Strategy Plan Step 2: Self-Assessment & Goal-Setting
1. Discuss your strengths. My strengths would be my computer proficiency, my desire to learn, and my time management skill
2. Discuss your weaknesses. My weakness would be procrastination, Studying skills, and my learning style; I have never liked to study and when it comes to learning new things I have to learn step by step with it right in front of me to fully understand. Another weakness of mine would be my concentration span.
3. Discuss opportunities you have to improve as a student and a professional. My opportunities that I have to improve as a student and a professional is to take and use all the help for my classes that I can such as learning labs and student mentors and tutoring.
4. Discuss obstacles, barriers, and threats that could prevent you from being a successful student. Some obstacles, barriers, and threats that could prevent me from being a successful student would be my fears, motivation, stress, and entertainment.
1. What areas have you begun working on improving that will lead to becoming a successful student? I have begun to greatly improve on my time management skills especially now because I work. I work Mondays thru Friday 11 to 12 hours a day at a warehouse and by the time I get off I’m super tired and just want to go to bed.
2. What support will you need to be a successful student? I will most definitely now more than ever need a student mentor and lots of at home support from my boy friend.
3. How will you go about getting that support? I have joined the student mentor-ship club and have start inquiring about a student mentor and I also have my boyfriend reminding me of deadlines and help with assignments that I may need help with; two heads are better than one.
4. List the short-term goals you have, along with deadlines. Short term goals would be Good grades, character building, and start of the school year with high GPA 3.5 – 4.0
5. List the long-term goals you have, along with deadlines. Long term goal 1st is to earn my Degree in business administration, dead line for this is 05/15/2012 2nd goal is to enter a career in my degree field; deadline for this is 3 to 6 months after graduation.
6. What did you learn about yourself when you completed the self-assessment? I learned that with this strategist I shouldn’t have a problem with balancing work, school, and my social life. I learned what my strengths and weaknesses are. I also have learned that I need to regulate my stress levels so I can better do the things I need to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document