Precious Cielo V. OlegarioIII-SPAFebruary 26, 2010Book Report No. 2
Author: Elizabeth Brightwen
All about squirrels
Facts I already know about the topic:
* Squirrels are rodents
* Squirrels live on trees
* They eat nuts and seeds
* They are small bushy tailed animal
New Words I Learned:
* Gambol- leap playfully
* It is well worth while to attract them near the house so that one may enjoy the sight their gambols and minister to their wants by suitable diet. * Frolic- play lightheartedly
* Then the window was opened and the nuts put on a table inside the room, and there little "Frolic" sits whilst we are at meals and forms one of the family * Whilst- while
* Then the window was opened and the nuts put on a table inside the room, and there little "Frolic" sits whilst we are at meals and forms one of the family * Agile- mentally quick
* One would not think she could catch the agile little creature. * Nectarines- smooth-skinned peach
* They certainly nibble the young shoots of firs and horse-chestnuts unmercifully in the spring, and one very dry summer they took very kindly to our peaches and nectarines.
Things I learned from the topic:
* The squirrel's great enemy is the cat.
* They chase each other round a tree-stem with wonderful agility * They express their animosity with angry grunts and a stamp of the foot like a rabbit. * I have learnt that the squirrel's tail has quite a language of its own.
The most interesting thing I learned about the topic:
I have learnt that the squirrel's tail has quite a language of its own. It can be curved over its back and so spread out that on a wet day it forms a complete shelter from rain. It will take the form of a note of interrogation or lie flat on the ground, stand out at an angle or bristle with anger, according to the mood of the possessor.
I think the essay did a good job of...