I. Use simple present forms of verbs for general truth.
II. A. Using Simple Present Forms of Verbs for General Truth B. RBEC – Speaking 8.8.1
C. English Concept: Verbs that tell general truth are in the simple present tense/form. D. Fun in English 5 – Language pp 96- 97
ELSA T2T Lesson Plan in English 5 pp. 181-184
English Expressway – Language 5 pp. 120-123
E. Value Focus: Truthfulness
F. English Skills :Reading, Speaking and Writing
III. Learning Process
A. 1. Spelling: Words with silent letter/letters
2. Pronunciation Drills: words ending in d/ed sound as /d/, /id/, /t/
3. Review: What is a verb? Name some action words that you do everyday.
a.Present an illustration of the life cycle of a frog.
b.Ask: Where does it live? What kind of vertebrate animal a frog is? Where does it lay its eggs? c. Reading of the paragraph. The Life Cycle of A Frog
d. Comprehension Check-up:
1. Why can a tadpole breathe in the water?
2. How does a tadpole look like?
1. Read the following sentences:
Eggs and tadpoles stay in the water.
Frogs lay eggs in the water.
Tadpoles look like a little black fish .
2. Structure Analysis of the sentence.
* Are these statements true today? Will they be true in the future? * What two forms of the verb in the present tense are shown in the sentences? * Which form is used with plural subjects?
* Which is used with singular subjects?
C. Concept Formation: Statements that are true anytime are called general truth
Verbs that tell general truths are in the simple present or s form.Statements related to Science are general truths. Sayings and...