Assistant Entertainment Director
Professor Evelyn Shankus, M.S.
November 28, 2012
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Job Description #
Performance appraisal system#
Plan for compensation and reward#
History and Organizational Overview
The cruise industry is the fastest growing segment of the travel industry – achieving more than 2,100 percent growth since 1970. Sarkisian Cruise Line (SCL) operates one ship which is designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. SCL provides year-round cruises to the Bahamas, Caribbean, and Bermuda. The brand caters to couples, singles, and a variety of groups of friends within the 21-45 age range. SCL is a member of the exclusive World’s Leading Cruise Lines alliance, which has six world-class cruise lines, each a leader in a particular style of cruise vacationing. SCL offers affordable, but luxurious cruise options.
SCL was launched by the entrepreneur Steve Sarkisian, who set out to realize his vision of making a vacation experience once reserved for the very rich, now accessible to the average person. It first set sail in 2009 with a three day cruise in the Bahamas. SCL is an American owned cruise line, based in Miami, Florida. Sarkisian was a pioneer in the concept of shorter, less expensive cruises. Sarkisian is known for its Las Vegas-style décor and entertainment, as there are a wide range of activities offered on board.
Sarkisian’s mission is to deliver exceptional vacation experiences by catering to a variety of different lifestyles and budgets, all at an outstanding value unrivaled on land or at sea.
Macro level goals
• Increase revenue by 20% each year
• Expand ports of call to New England, Canada, and South America
• Expand our line by one ship in five years
• Sarkisian Cruise Line prides themselves on delivering memorable vacations to their guests. A Sarkisian cruise offers not only outstanding value for the money, but most importantly, fun! A "fun ship" cruise features day and nighttime entertainment like stage shows, musical performances, casinos and more. We make our guests feel right at home, too — think comfy stateroom accommodations, attentive service, delicious food and drink — and they enjoy the experience against the backdrop of some of the world's most beautiful ports.
• SCL shares a commitment to quality and value, offering cruise vacations that appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets and sail to some of the world's most exciting destinations. We value making vacations once reserved for the rich, accessible to everyone.
• SCL values their exceptional treatment of all employees.
Additional Industry Information (Industry Outlook)
There can be no argument that the cruise industry is booming. It has experienced consistent growth in all its major source markets over the past ten years, and the two leading cruise companies, which account for about 70% of worldwide cruise capacity, are reporting substantial and ever-increasing - profits. All the key indicators are that, for the foreseeable future, the cruise industry will continue to grow its sales, revenue and profitability. Passenger numbers should increase from the forecast 15.1 million in 2006 to 25 million by 2015. The 2005 results of the top three cruise companies suggest that the worldwide industry generated revenues of more...