TITLE: Sales Monitoring System
CASE STUDY: SUA stationary
SUPERVISOR: Mr. Sanga
1. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
2. PROBLEM STATEMENT
The SUA stationary gets difficult in handling and monitoring sales getting from time consuming in recording process that requires a user to fill data in each book manually. Also difficult in determination of price and to check the availability of commodities in the store, this is doing by perusing page by page from books it recorded. Moreover is lack of data integrity here since the system used is paper-based therefore there is no way changing takes place to all books at a time. And also inaccuracy calculation due to human errors. And insecurity of data stored is at high risk in case of theft of book(s) or some pages within the book(s) been removed.
3. SIGNIFICANCE AND JUSTIFICATION OF THE PROBLEM
The proposed system will enable the following activities
• It will improve the accuracy calculation of data by allowing just entering data required and hence the system would handle that calculation. • It will enable easy accessing and retrieving of required information rather than perusing paper files. • It will ensure data integrity by having the linking between tables in the database where the update or any change of data could take effect in once at a time. • Also the proposed system will ensure data security by producing backups of data/information in different ways.
4. DEFINITION OF TEMRS USED AND ABBREVIATION
1. GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The purpose of this proposal is to design and develop a sales monitoring system at SUA stationary. 2. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
• To easily determine price of commodities.
• To determine availability of commodities.
• To generate report.
• To ensure user authentification and authorization of the database. • To maintain data consistence.
6. LITERATURE RIVIEW
Please join StudyMode to read the full document