PROJECT DEVELOPMENT REPORT
3Goblets Beach Resort
Gianne Claudine A. Malabad
I. Identification of the resort
A. 3 Goblets Beach Resort, Bantayan Island, Cebu City, Philippines Bantayan Island is a 1st class municipality on Bantayan Island in the province of Cebu, Philippines, about 80 miles (130 km) from Cebu Cit y. It is the island's most populous and largest town, with a population of 71,655 people according to the 2007 census. It is also the main and largest island of the Bantayan Island Group that is roughly the geographical center of the Philippines. Bantayan Island, the shining tropical paradise in Asia is commonly known as an island paradise in Philippines. Tourists as far as Europe fall in love with its fine white sand and crystal clear blue waters. Many of these foreigners even settled down on the island to spend the rest of their lives. Two of the main attraction of the island is its crystal-clear waters and its long stretch of powdery white sand. The stunning sunset will really spice those romantic walks on the beach. One of the reasons the island is famous is its peacefulness, the way a resort should be. Unsaturated beauty and a combination of sweet smiling natives made the island as it is now. The resort will be built in an area of 50,000sq.m with adjacent lots available for expansion to provide more recreational facilities for all the guests.
B. Beach Resort
A seaside resort is a resort located on the coast. Where a beach is the primary focus for tourists, it may be called a beach resort. Residents and tourists alike use beaches as a place for leisure and sport. The relatively soft formation of sand is comfortable to sit or lie on, and entering and exiting the water is far easier across a sand beach than a rocky shore. The waves present at beaches add to the enjoyment and make the sport of body surfing and related activities possible. One of the main attractions of a sand beach, especially for children, is playing with the sand, building sand castles and other constructs.
II. Physical Structure
C. Public/common areas
* Blueprint/Floor Layout
(The floor layouts are attached)
* First Layout: the layout of the whole resort.
* Second Layout: the first floor of the Poseidon Palace. The Palace includes the lobby, Hera Kids Hub, Balcony, Cratus Fitness Center, Aphordite Spa, Athena Souvenir Shop and Business Center. * Third Layout: the Poseidon Palace Ground Floor. The ground floor includes the office and the housekeeping area. * Fourth Layout: the Poseidon Palace 2nd, 3rd & 4th floor. It shows the floor number and the type of room in every room in every floor. It also shows the ventilation path and the fire exit. * Fifth Layout: the Hestia Restaurant. It is the layout of the Hestia restaurant. * Sixth Layout. The Dionysus Bar. It is the layout of the Dionysus bar.
* Interior Design
* The general theme is Seaside Sensation where in the areas and rooms are decorated in beach style with very light, airy and relaxing with natural feeling * Walls and Color
* Soft, muted tones (weathered look)
* Whites, off-whites and creams (for light and airy look) * Soft, mutes blues and greys (to represent sea and sky ranging from turquoises and aqua to deep slate blues and navy) * Soft beiges and golds (sand colors)
* Natural floor coverings
* Natural fibre matting (coir, sisal or seagrass) * Warm carpet (cream or bei ge neutral tone) * Rugs (natural fibres in cream, neutral or muted tones; cotton rug, a faded-look rag rug, or a cozy wool, flokati or sheepskin rug) * brighter colors and stripes for rug
* wooden shutters or slatted blinds or simple tab top panel curtains in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document