BY:ZEESHAN RASOOL LODHI
REALITY SHOWS AND
● A Reality show is a live telecast of the
performance of the persons who may be an
expert or not in the respective field.
● The performance may have to be done in an
● This whole performance or activity is
HISTORY OF REALITY SHOWS
■ Allen Funt's Candid camera was the first radio reality
■ PBs Series was the first Television reality show.
■ Some of the famous reality shows are
○ American idol
○ Fear factor
○ Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
○ Kaun Banega Crorepati
and many more
TYPES OF TV REALITY SHOWS
● Documentary style
● Elimination\Game show
○ fear centric
● Self improvement or makeover
● Talk shows
● Hidden cameras
● Social experiment
● Dating shows
● Comedy shows
● Singing and dancing shows etc
SUCCESS RATE OR POPULARITY OF
● The success rate of reality shows are unbeleiveable
■ Color television channel popularity increased by
200% in the last 5 years because the the reality
T.V show bigg boss .
● The popularity is the main reason why each and every
channel is showing a reality show
● A platform for the talented people
● Coining the money
● Increasing popularity of celebrities
● increasing the dimension of ideas for viewers
● Nowaday the reality tv shows are pre planned or we can
say that they are scripted.
● Sometimes its a bad game playing with the emotions of
● Sometimes promote voilence
● 78% of the people feel the same way as the contestants
● Nowaday reality shows are unreal , they are scripted
and people are already chosen who are going to win.
● Sometimes can give solutions of many complicated
problems of human relations(PBs series)
● Basic idea behind reality shows is to target
● Can be very...