1. Is it possible to produce an inexpensive and effective ointment for insect bites and sting?
2. Will the product be used as an alternative ointment for insect bites and sting instead of the expensive commercial products? II.TITLE
The Kutsay (Allium Tuberosum/Ramosum) As Ointment for Insect Bites and Sting III.RATIONALE
Today, Filipino people are experiencing too much burden in life due to continuous increase in prices of petroleum products that leads to a non-stop increase of prices of prime commodities, transportation rates, and many others. These situations affect our economy, thus, making the poor who suffer from itchiness and allergies more burdened.
With eager desire to formulate an ointment that would be useful to all insect bites and sting sufferers, the researchers started to gather some date about medicinal plants that could relieve pain.
The investigators pursued on this project to help those poor people suffering from insect bites who cannot afford to buy ointment. Thy utilized the locally available herbal medicine found in there are. IV. MATERIALS
We will need Kutsay Leaves, Candle Wax and coconut oil. We are going to buy the coconut oil and candle wax. The Kutsay Leaves are found in the community. V. PROCEDURE
A. Steps of Preparation
1. Pound the leaves of Kutsay.
2. In a pan, heat the coconut oil then adds the leaves of Kutsay and heat gently for about 15 minutes.
3. The leaves of Kutsay are to be separated after heating, after which ¼ glass of grated while candle wax should be incorporated to it. 4. As soon as the wax has already dissolved, transfer the mixture into storage jars while still warm.
5. To avoid condensation allow the ointment to cool completely before securing with a lid B.
We will present the data through tables. They will rate this as 5 for Effective/...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document