* Coffee market is currently divided into multiple segments:
* Regular Coffee
* Single serve k-cups
* Single serve machines
* Keurig currently dominates the market by owning the most universal system that other brands have bought into, including Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Tully’s, Newman’s Own Organics, Dierich, Coffee People, Tazo teas, Coffee People, Brista Prima Coffeehouse, Timothy’s Coffees of the World, Luigi Lavazza, Van Houtte
* 2011, 84% of sales are attributed to K-Cup portion packs and Keurig single-cup brewers and related accessories
* Company split into 3 divisions:
* Specialty Coffee biz unit
* Coffee People
* The Keurig biz unit
* CMCR Canada
NEW PLAYERS IN THE INDUSTRY
Italy’s #1 Stovetop Coffee Maker Launches Mini Express & I Caffè d’Italia True Italian Espresso Capsules
Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/business/press-releases/article/Bialetti-s-New-Electric-Single-Serve-Espresso-4175511.php#ixzz2HgFyUX8Y
The system features the Mini Express maker and Bialetti’s exclusive espresso blends called I Caffè d’Italia packed in individual aluminum capsules.
Designed in Italy, the Mini Express machine features a 20 bar (290 psi), high-pressure system that makes the perfect cup of Italian espresso in seconds.
Traditional one-cups vs. pod coffee makers
75 percent of adults in the U.S. drink coffee, with 58 percent saying they drink coffee daily.
ound 1: Ease of Use
Winner: Pod coffee makers
Pod coffee makers are simple to use: insert a pod, select a cup size and brew.
Round 2: Flavor Variety
Winner: Traditional one-cup coffee makers
While some pod coffee makers have hundreds of flavor options, most are limited in pod selection.
Round 3: Cost of Ownership... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Research on Single Serve Coffee. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-On-Single-Serve-Coffee-1358365.html
"Research on Single Serve Coffee" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-On-Single-Serve-Coffee-1358365.html>.
- MLA 7
"Research on Single Serve Coffee." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-On-Single-Serve-Coffee-1358365.html>.
"Research on Single Serve Coffee." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-On-Single-Serve-Coffee-1358365.html.