1. It Gives You Wiings
* Executive Summary
* SWOT Analysis
* Promotion Opportunity Analysis
* Corporate Strategies
* Integrated Marketing Communications Management
* Media Plan
* Evaluation & Control
3. Executive Summary
* Red Bull can be called as a pioneer in the energy drink category worldwide. In India too, Red Bull was the brand that created the energy drink category. * The brand came into existence in 1984.
* The brand came to India in 2003. Although the brand has been keeping a low profile compared to the Cola majors , Red Bull has created a category of energy drinks in the Indian market. 4. Contd.
* According to Economic Times ( 30.05.08) the energy drink market in India is estimated to be around 100 crores. * The market now has two main players Red Bull and Power Horse. * RB has an assessed market share of 29% of the global market of energy Drinks. * In the U.S., Red Bull enjoys a 47% share of the energy drink market, and now has a 50% share of the German energy drink market. 5. SWOT Analysis
* Market leadership- Within the energy drinks market Red Bull is the industry leader throughout the world. Marketing Efforts- a lot of promotions and well targeted campaigns and sponsorship e.g. formula 1 helps to expand Red bull brand and increase consumer brand awareness. * Strong , fresh & fashionable brand identity. * Strengths
* Above-average prices.
* Lack of innovation- there are a lot of competitors in the market and they have their own USP which leaves Red Bull behind. * Reliant on small product base- The company only markets one branded product, Red Bull Energy Drink (along with a sugar free variety). * Inexperience: is only 6 years old in India.
* Lack of patent on RB ‘s recipe means anyone can copy it. 7. Opportunities
* Extension of product line- this will help to retain market share. * Hardcore Advertising and Promotions.
* Consumer recognition through sponsorship of sports events. * New ventures like partnership with Facebook.
* Health concerns- tougher rules from government on high caffeine content. * Consumer awareness of health and well being- people may start to drink other alternatives as it is associated with healthier life style. * Drinks might not be accepted in the new markets. * Organic energy drinks might steal RB’s market share. 9. Promotion Opportunity Analysis
* Competitive Analysis
* Opportunity Analysis
* Target Market Analysis
* Customer Analysis
* Market Segmentation Strategy
10. Competitive Analysis
11. Share of Energy Drink Market Red Bull 42.6 Monster 14.4 Rockstar 11.4 Full Throttle 6.9 Sobe No Fear 5.4 Amp 3.6 Sobe Adrenaline Rush 2.9 Tab Energy 2.3 Monster XXL 0.9 Private Label 0.9 Rip It 0.8 Sobe Lean 0.7 BooKoo 0.5 Sobe Superman 0.4 Von Dutch 0.4 12. Real Competition
* Redbull’s real competitors are the market leaders of cola companies such as : Pepsi & Coca Cola, who have created their brand leadership since several years in the Indian market. 13. Opportunity Analysis
* RB has a niche market & is yet to percolate in the mass market. 14. Target Market Analysis
* Core target market segments for RB consists of the core age group of 15 to 60. * Energy drinks with high sugar levels are more popular among children and women, while energy drinks with strong taste and flavor are more preferred by male consumers. * Recent studies also indicated that 65% of the energy drinks market consists of male...