Given below is the process that should be followed for essay writing.
1 Select the topic of your essay, be careful about its wording.
1. Choose the central idea, or thesis, of your essay. For example: Information technology has revolutionized the way we work.
2. Outline your essay into introductory, body and summary paragraphs.
3. The introductory paragraph begins with an interesting sentence. For example: Home workers have grown from 150,000 to over 12 million in the past 5 years thanks to the wonders of the computer.
4. After this first sentence, add your thesis statement from above.
5. Use one sentence to introduce each body paragraph to follow. For example: The Internet has made this possible by extending the office into the home.
6. Finish the introductory paragraph with a short summary or goal statement. For example: Technological innovation has thus made the traditional workplace obsolete.
7. In each of the body paragraphs (usually two or three) the ideas first presented in the introductory paragraph are developed.
8. Develop your body paragraphs by giving detailed information and examples. For example: When the Internet was first introduced it was used primarily by scientists, now it is common in every classroom.
9. Body paragraphs should develop the central idea and finish with a summary of that idea. There should be at least two examples or facts in each body paragraph to support the central idea.
10. The summary paragraph summarizes your essay and is often a reverse of the introductory paragraph.
11. Begin the summary paragraph by quickly restating the principal ideas of your body paragraphs. For example: The Internet in the home, benefits and ease of use of modern computer systems...
12. The penultimate sentence should restate your basic thesis of the essay. For example: We have now passed from the industrial revolution to the information revolution.
13. Your final... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Qualities of a Good Essay. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qualities-Of-a-Good-Essay-402754.html
"Qualities of a Good Essay" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qualities-Of-a-Good-Essay-402754.html>.
- MLA 7
"Qualities of a Good Essay." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2010. Web. 09 2010. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qualities-Of-a-Good-Essay-402754.html>.
"Qualities of a Good Essay." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qualities-Of-a-Good-Essay-402754.html.