B. Formal clothing must be worn to Kim's wedding.
C. We were told to wait until five o'clock for the delivery. D. Rick and Kate built the house with their own hands.
2. Which of the following sentences contains an italicized word that's used as a predicate adjective? Answer D looks ill today Jerr pg 45 A. Jerry looks into the microscope.
B. Jerry looks disdainfully at the pile of laundry.
C. Jerry looks at the map.
D. Jerry looks ill today.
3. Which of the following sentences uses a preposition Answer- Connor waited in line while Ava parked the car. pg-53 A. Connor waited in line while Ava parked the car.
B. I might of lent him the book, if he had asked.
C. There was a big argument between Megan, Abira, and Lena. D. Where is David at?
4. Choose the sentence that contains an indirect object. Answer- they gave me a bonus-pp.39 A. They gave me a bonus. answer
B. It is difficult to save money.
C. I worked hard each day.
D. I spent it immediately.
5. Choose the simple subject in the following sentence. The tallest contestant won the prize. Answer- D contestant pp.4 A. tallest
D. contestant answer
6. Choose the sentence in which the verb has a direct object. Answer- They won the game pp.39 A. She is insecure.
B. I walked away.
C. They won the game. Answer
D. George was furious.
7. Which of the following sentences has a compound predicate? pp. 6 Answer- Yesterday i cleaned and painted my kitchen A. My whole family enjoys skiing and snowboarding.
B. Yesterday I cleaned and painted my kitchen.
C. Heather and Casey played basketball and tennis all day.
D. With the right investments, Steve thinks he can get rich.
8. Choose the sentence that has a subject complement. reread pp. 40 Answer I felt much better A. The day ended with many surprises.