TOPIC: Sex education
GENERAL PURPOSE: To inform
SPECIFIC PURPOSE: I want my audience to know and understand everything about sex education and its implications
• I can remember the first time I had “the talk” with my parents.
• How many people have ever had “the talk” with their parents?
• What comes to your mind when you hear the word sex?
• Thesis statement: sex education should be about giving a girl or boy the tools or having the courage to say "no", and ultimately "yes" when the time is right.
Audience adaptation and credibility statement:
• Why is the topic important to them?
• Why I am someone they should listen to?
Preview of the main points:
• Firstly I will inform you about how your body changes as a teenager.
• secondly I will talk to you about teen pregnancy
• thirdly I’ll introduce you to abstinence
• fourthly I will introduce you to healthy boy-girl relationship
• Lastly I would inform you about your environment, the things you watch and read also explaining the type of people you consider as role models e.g. celebrities
(First let me explain how your body changes in relation to sex education)
1. Between the ages of 10-14 most boys and girls begin to notice changes in their bodies
A. Boys: voice gets deeper, muscles develops, hair grows on the face, chest and face
B. As a boy progresses through the stages of puberty, he will also start to have erections and he may have wet dreams.
Girls: grow taller, body shape changes, breast grows, hips grow wider.
C. Sexual feelings during puberty, sexual attitude and behavior
• It isn’t just the body that changes during puberty; our feelings can change too
• Girls tend to feel sexual urges
• Boys have an erection
D. Masturbation: NO! NO! NO!
• Due to sexual feelings caused in puberty some teens might result to
• Masturbation in simple terms is touching the genitals to get... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 06). Public Speaking. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Public-Speaking-713708.html
"Public Speaking" StudyMode.com. 06 2011. 06 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Public-Speaking-713708.html>.
"Public Speaking." StudyMode.com. 06, 2011. Accessed 06, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Public-Speaking-713708.html.