• Reason to travel: It can be anything but remuneration from the place visited.
• It requires a change from familiar environment.
• Period of stay: The least would be one day and maximum would be a year.
General growth of tourism in India
In recent years tourism in India has shot up at lightening speed. India has succeeded in becoming the most preferred place amongst domestic and overseas traveler. Tourism exposes the international traveler to India’s diverse culture. According to some official estimates Indian tourism has surpassed global tourism as far as penetration of foreign tourists and revenue is concerned. As far as internal reasons are concerned, India tourism has progressed due to the rate of growth of Indian economy. To develop the infrastructure the tourism industry has invested in latest equipments, international standard security systems and CRM tools. Economic Effects
1. The foremost advantage is the financial gain it brings to the locality and the region.
1. Tourism exposes communities to infringement by offshore corporations which cater to rich tourists snatching away huge amount of money from locals.
• Tourism can be a great source in helping conserver the unspoiled wilderness of parks and natural habitats of several endangered animal species.
• Tourism on the other hand can hamper the environment by human intervention.
• The biggest exchange that happens as a result of tourism is of culture. This benefits the local and the visitors.
• On the negative side, tourism can be insidious as it threatens the old traditional ways of living with the new modern world ways.
Social Effects of Tourism
• Tourism provides bread and butter to several people.
• Sole dependence on only tourism earned money to run entire families is dangerous for most which stops them from taking up tourism jobs. [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 12). Positive and Negative Impact of Tourism in India. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Positive-And-Negative-Impact-Of-Tourism-533882.html
"Positive and Negative Impact of Tourism in India" StudyMode.com. 12 2010. 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Positive-And-Negative-Impact-Of-Tourism-533882.html>.
- MLA 7
"Positive and Negative Impact of Tourism in India." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2010. Web. 12 2010. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Positive-And-Negative-Impact-Of-Tourism-533882.html>.
"Positive and Negative Impact of Tourism in India." StudyMode.com. 12, 2010. Accessed 12, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Positive-And-Negative-Impact-Of-Tourism-533882.html.