This school based assessment within the subject Principles of Business is done on the marketing aspect of establishing a business. This project will elaborate on this aspect of marketing giving the reader a complete understanding of what is to be done when a business enters the marketing industry.
This marketing SBA allows one to understand and gain knowledge of how to establish a business by means of organizing the marketing department, doing market research and being aware of government regulations etc. I recommend that this business.
The successful completion of this project would not have been possible without the assistance and co-operation of my family, friends and also my teacher. And most of all to God as without his guidance this project could not have been possible.
The method of data collections used in the marketing project was the Questionnaire. Advantages:
* It saves time, offers anonymity and is relatively inexpensive to administer * It improves the possibility of the respondents being truthful.
Description of the Business
Trevi’s Custom Cakes & more is a sole trader business owned by Trevenia Buchanan. It is the proprietor’s intention to establish a bakery in the parish of St. Catherine. This business will mainly be producing custom-made cakes and also other pastries. This business is of the secondary industry as we produce and sell our goods. We will provide our goods and services to mainly tourism areas. Mission Statement: Produce custom-made cakes and all other products to the best of our ability and at a reasonable price to fit each and every customer’s budget.
Organization of Marketing Department
The organizational structure of this business is hierarchical, the organizational chart for the business can be found in the appendix, the roles of our marketing personnel are shown below: Marketing Manager:
* Develop the marketing strategy and plan.
* Supervise marketing department employees.
* Research and report on external opportunities.
* Meet with clients to represent the business.
* Follow up with existing clientele and customers to maintain professional relationships. * Attend sales meetings, and generate reports and other business documents. Marketing Analyst:
* Collect and analyze data to evaluate existing and potential product and service markets. * Identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales.
Use of Technology
The proprietor of Trevi’s Custom Cakes & more will use various types’ technologies in the business to increase productivity and efficiency of operations in the business. Two of these types technology are computers and billboards.
* The computers will be used to keep inventory and stocks up to date as well as to keep records of daily transactions made by the business. The computer will also be used to access to internet and create a website for our business; through this we will be able to showcase our products. * The billboards will be used to advertise the business, billboards will be established in St. Catherine as well as other parishes in well populated areas where it can appeal to many people. This will also make our products more marketable.
Trevi’s Custom Cakes & more aims to cater to the general public, for instance, people needing cakes for special occasions such as: birthdays, baby showers, anniversary etc. Quantitative:
In our endeavors we shall aim to sell to at least 1,500 people per month. Price