PILLSBURY COOKIE CHALLENGE|
GROUP-12, Roll No-2210,2240,2249|
What consumers should the team target?
Pillsbury should target Scratch Users segment which is 61% as compared to 49% in US. They have almost 24% as refrigerated users, when we go through the qualitative research which suggests the following: * Product should be easy, quick, practical, affordable and pleasing to children. * The Baking experience was important.
* Feel of sharing and giving.
* Lapsed users were less secure to use convenience products which take them away from scratch baking. * No issues with nutritional value
* Using Pillsbury product was still far better than buying readymade product, because it involved the effort and therefore represented an act of generosity. From above we can conclude that if Pillsbury can increase customer value perception in the scratch segment, they can increase the market share. Since the main concern of scratch users are baking experience and to certain extend the quality of product, if tackled could lead to increased market share. What should their brand messaging be?
Brand messaging should be targeted to increase the customer value perception, target scratch customers, especially to mothers and kids who play an important part in Canadian family, as suggested by qualitative research. * Scratch taste equals to Pillsbury Cookie Dough
Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookies, leave the mess part to us, readymade dough, get yourself creative with cookies, have fun with kids and will taste like home made cookies. How could they communicate this message in a relevant way to the consumers in a way that would translate into increased sales? This can be done by various means as stated below:
* Target Segment Market Campaign
* By TV ad campaign aiming the target audience – Scratch Users * Targeting mothers and kids
* By changing the...