Cameron, highlighted in blue are things that need to be added to the powerpoint.
Slide 1 - Landing Page (Sarah)
• UFC graphics
• Consulting Firm Name & Slogan -
• Group Members
Slide 2 - Background (Sarah)
• Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®), started in 1993 as a professional mixed martial arts (MMA) organization.
• In 2001 UFC was purchased by Zuffa and restructured MMA into a highly organized and controlled combat sport
• Response to the UFC brand of MMA has been tremendous, resulting in a growing fan base that has developed steadily through the years.
Slide 3- Background (Sarah)
• UFC is the worldwide benchmark for Fight Entertainment industry • They lead the global mixed martial arts industry with 90% of market share Insert graphic here of MMA market share
Slide 4- Market Share (Sarah)
Insert PPV Breakdown chart here
ADD PIE CHART HERE
* UFC has declined in PPV market share (within the fight entertainment industry) from 57% in 2010 to 51% in 2011.
What to say:
Slide 2: Background
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was created in 1993 as a medium to display multiple forms of martial arts and classify the most effective fighting style in a real life fight.
Mainstream exposure damaged consumer perception of the product due to the violent and “no-rules” nature of the sport; and as exposure languished, so did profits. The company struggled to gain television exposure and found itself competing with professional wrestling, which is staged fighting, and traditional fighting programming such as boxing and martial arts tournaments. However, by 2003, UFC came under new management who wanted to change the strategic course of the company.
Management saw the opportunity to rebrand itself from a sport to a sports entertainment organization categorized as “fighting”.
It installed a new set of rules - eliminating hair pulling, head butting, groin strikes and...