ACI formulation Limited (ACI FL) is a subsidiary of ACI limited, located at Gazipur in the out skirt of Dhaka. ACI FL manufactures majority of the products of ACI Strategic Business Limited except for the Pharmaceutical Division. The factory is equipped with the state of the art facilities for product formulations and process innovation. These include modern computerized equipment like HPLC and GLC. The product range manufactured at ACI FL include Crop Protection Chemicals like Insecticides, herbicides and fungicides in granular, powder and liquid, mosquito pesticides in the forms of aerosols, vaporizers and coils house hold chemicals like toilet cleaners and hand wash. History:
ACI Limited was established as the subsidiary of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) in the then East Pakistan in 1968. After independence, the company was incorporated in Bangladesh in 1973 as ICI Bangladesh Manufacturers limited as a Public Limited Company. In 1992, the company was divested to local management and the name of the company changed to Advanced Chemical Industries (ACI) Limited. ACI inherited the rich ICI culture of product quality, customer service and social responsibility. Initially in 1992, ACI started primarily with pharmaceutical business with a turnover of BDT 80 million only but later the new management brought about fundamental changes in the policies and in the year 2008 turnover grew to over BDT 7,365 million. The Company has diversified business interest in pharmaceuticals, agricultural including fishery & livestock and consumer brands. At present, ACI has three strategic business units along with 11 subsidiaries, 3 joint ventures and 1 associate.
ACI Formulations Limited (the "Company") is a company domiciled in Bangladesh. It was incorporated as a private limited company on 29 October 1995. The address of the Company's registered office is 245 Tejgaon Industrial Area, Dhaka-1208. The Company went into commercial operations on 1 July 1998. The Company was converted from private limited to public limited company on 4 May 2005 and listed with both Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange Limited (CSE) on 30 October 2008. Advanced Chemical Industries Limited incorporated in Bangladesh is the immediate as well as ultimate parent of the Company.
ACI’s mission is to enrich the quality of life of people through responsible application of knowledge, skills and technology. ACI is committed to the pursuit of excellence through world-class products, innovative processes and empowered employees to provide the highest level of satisfaction to its customers. Vision:
To realize the mission ACI will:
* Endeavor to attain a position of leadership in each category of its businesses. * Attain a high level of productivity in all its operations through effective and efficient use of resources, adoption of appropriate technology and alignment with our core competencies. * Develop its employees by encouraging empowerment and rewarding innovation. * Promote an environment for learning and personal growth of its employees. * Provide products and services of high and consistent quality, ensuring value for money to its customers. * Encourage and assist in the qualitative improvement of the services of its suppliers and distributors. * Establish harmonious relationship with the community and promote greater environmental responsibility within its sphere of influence. Strategic Business Units:
* Consumer Brands & Commodity Products
ACI has the following subsidiaries:
* ACI Formulations Ltd.
* Apex Leather crafts Limited
* ACI Salt Limited
* ACI Pure Flour Limited
* ACI Foods Limited
* Premiaflex Plastics Limited
* Creative Communication Limited
* ACI Motors Limited
From the ACI limited subsidiaries ratio analysis & performance evaluation of the ACI...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document