Managing the Housekeeping Department
Namaste Tower is under construction in Mumbai and on course to reach completion by 2015. It will stand as a landmark structure, representative of the burgeoning economic and cultural significance of India. Standing at 62 stories, the impressive tower will be one of the tallest in Mumbai, and will include a 350 key luxury hotel, office space, shops and a rooftop restaurant. The traditional Indian greeting of ‘Namaste’, where the hands are clasped together in greeting, is the inspiration for the design of this tower. The two wings of the hotel are clasped together like hands greeting the city of Mumbai. In this way the architectural design of the hotel provides the ultimate symbol of hospitality and welcome, as seen in the cultural context of India.
1. Managing housekeeping department
The main duties of this department are maintaining cleanness and order in the hotel. The hotel’s areas that the housekeeping department focuses on are: the front desk area, lobby area, game rooms, exercise area, management offices, and public restrooms. In order to achieve maximum efficiency, this department must take into consideration the following responsibilities: room inspection, training for the entire staff, inventory control (linens, cleaning supplies , furniture ), housekeeping reports and in-house and out-house laundry. The Housekeeping Department is strongly linked with the Front Office Department. 2. Housekeeping human resources
As each and every department has its on organization chart based on the rang and the duties of the employees, in this case we apply the same strategy.
In order to maintain the efficiency and a high quality service, every single employee has its own assignment. Executive Housekeeper
* involved in managing housekeeping operations as well as the training and supervision of the cleaning personnel * exemplary organizational skills along with a vast knowledge of how to best clean, maintain, and showcase a property * sometimes he may be required to personally perform cleaning and maintenance tasks in the training process, but not only * develops a schedule and standards of excellence that are expected to be closely adhered to by his staff Assistant Housekeeper
* manages the resources provided by the executive housekeeper to achieve the objectives of cleanliness, maintenance and attractiveness during a given shift * in case of absence of the Executive Housekeeper, he/she becomes manager of duty Supervisor
* in charge of the department to which he/she was assigned (attributes workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness) Attendant
* is directly accountable for all duties identified on the cleaner work routine assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor Runner
* regular cleaning of guestroom
* orderly arrange of fixtures and guestroom amenities
* installation of replenishment of guestroom supplies and amenities Housemen
* assists all hotel staff members in cleaning and preparing rooms for guests and larger areas for events * will pick up the linen bags and refill housekeeping charts
Our hotel will provide 2 types of training sessions:
1. The training session for the new employees were they will get familiar with our hotel’s policies, the hotel surroundings (guest rooms, public spaces), function rooms (dry-cleaning room, linen room) 2. The training sessions for the existing employees with the main purpose of maintaining and improving skills
First of all, we are looking for people with a experience in the field. Second of all, because this job demands it, we need personnel with good physical and mental health. She/he will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule, must be able to move...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document