NEIL ARMSTRONG OUTLINE Neil Armstrong lived from 1930-2012 -
* Neil was born on August 5 1930
* Neil was born in Wapakoneta, Ohio.
* Neil had moved all around the state as a child.
* Neill was in high school during 1944.
* Neil was an active member of the boy scouts and had the rank of Eagle Scout.
* When Neil had experienced his first airplane flight, it was when his dad took a ride in a ford trimotor, also known as the “tin goose.”
* Armstrong attended Blume High school and took flying lessons at the county airport
* Neil earned his pilot’s license at the age of 15,before he earned his driver’s license
* At the age of 17 Neil was studying aeronautic engineering at Purdue University.
* Neil was the second person in his family to go to college.
* Neil was also accepted to the Massachusetts institute of technology.
* His college tuition was paid for by the Holloway plan
* At purdue, he earned average marks in his subject, with a GPA that rose and dropped during the eight semesters.
* Neil was awarded Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering in 1955, and a Master of Science degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Southern California in 1970.
* Armstrong was also awarded honorary doctorates by several universities.
Neil Armstrong was in the navy for about 4 years
* Neil’s call up from the navy came to him on January 26 1949, requiring him to start training at the age of 18 * This lasted for about 18 months, during which he qualified for carrier landing aboard the USS CABOT and the USS WRIGHT * On August 16,1950, 2 weeks after his 20th birthday, Armstrong was informed that he was a fully qualified...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document