1. Birth place
2. Born November 17, 1949 to Mary Anne and Earl Henry Boehner
3. Married to Debbie Boehner;
1. Boehner attended Cincinnati's Moeller High School and was a Linebacker on the school's football team
2. Graduating from Moeller in 1968
3. Boehner enlisted in the United States Navy but was administratively separated after eight weeks because of a bad back.
4. He earned his B.A. In Business Administration from Xavier University in 1977
5. Shortly after his graduation in 1977, Boehner accepted a position with Nucite Sales, a small sales business in the packaging and plastics industry.
II. Political Influences & Development
A. Political Influences
1. Newt Gingrich
a. Republican lawmaker & Engineer
2. Dick Gephardt
B. Political Development
1. From 1995 to 1999, Boehner served as House Republican Conference Chairman which is the party caucus for Republicans in the United States House of Representatives 2. During his time as Conference Chairman, Boehner championed the Freedom To Fact Act that, among other provisions, revises and simplifies direct payment programs for crops and eliminates milk price supports through direct government purchases. 3. In 1998, Boehner was ousted as the chairman of the House Republican Conference, after his party lost five congressional seats.
III. Contributions & Writings
A. Media Attention
1. During his freshman year, Boehner was a member of the Gand Of Seven which was involved in bringing media attention to the House banking scandal.
B. Boehner & Senator Ted Kennedy authored the passage of “No Child Left Behind Act of 2001”
1. Was signed by President Goerge W. Bush. In 2002.
2. Boehner said that it was his “proudest achievement” in two decades of public service.
3. Boehner was friends with Kennedy, also a Roman Catholic, and every year they...