SAFETY OPERATING PROCEDURES
[pic] Milling Machine
DO NOT use this machine unless a teacher has instructed
you in its safe use and operation and has given permission.
|Safety glasses must be worn at all times in work areas. |Long and loose hair must be contained. | |Appropriate footwear with substantial uppers must be worn. |Close fitting/protective clothing must be worn. | |[pic]Rings and jewellery must not be worn. |Gloves must not be worn when using this machine. |
PRE-OPERATIONAL SAFETY CHECKS
1. Ensure no slip/trip hazards are present in workspaces and walkways. 2. Locate and ensure you are familiar with the operation of the ON/OFF starter and E-Stop (if fitted). 3. Do not leave equipment on top of the machine.
4. Check that machine guards are in position.
5. Ensure cutter is in good condition and securely mounted.
6. Check coolant delivery system to allow for sufficient flow of coolant. 7. Faulty equipment must not be used. Immediately report suspect machinery.
OPERATIONAL SAFETY CHECKS
1. Keep clear of moving machine parts.
2. Never leave the machine running unattended.
3. Follow correct clamping procedures- keep overhangs as small as possible and check work piece is secure. 4. Set the correct speed to suit the cutter diameter, the depth of cut and the material. 5. Before making adjustments and measurements or before cleaning swarf accumulations switch off and bring the machine to a complete standstill.
1. Switch off the machine.
2. Remove milling cutters and store them safely.
3. Leave the machine and work area in a safe, clean and tidy state.
- hair/clothing entanglement
Metal splinters and burrs
Please join StudyMode to read the full document