You may work individually or form a team with a partner. (This means each team has at most two students.) Each team must submit a final term paper to get credit for this course. You may choose to write a survey paper on zero-day attack defense or alert correlation, or write a research paper to develop your own ideas.
The paper must have a title page, main content, and references. The paper should be single-column, 1 inch margins, 11-point size, and single-spaced. The paper should be at most 15 pages, excluding references and well marked appendices.
To facilitate the grading of your paper, please follow the suggested organization listed below.
The title page should include
• the title of the paper or project
• group member name(s) and email address(es)
• course name, number, and instructor's name
• a maximum 300-word abstract
• three to five keywords.
For research papers, the main content of the proposal should at least include the following:
• Discuss the background and motivation of your work. • Summarize the research problem
• Summarize the proposed approach to the problem and the results Related work
• Discuss research related to yours and make comparison if there are closely related work. Your approach
• Describe your approach in detail. You may present your result in any way you want as long as you believe it's convincing and clear. Validation of your approach
• Prove or demonstrate the effectiveness and/or efficiency of your approach. You may do this through theorems, experiments, etc. Conclusions and possible future work
• Summarize the conclusions of your work and point out possible future research directions. References
• List all the citations referenced in your paper.
For survey papers, the main content should include the following:
• Discuss the background
Please join StudyMode to read the full document