Mini-Assignment #1 – Case: McCain Foods Limited
Using the case titled 'McCain Foods Limited: Global Fries—Good in Any Language' on pages 100-101 in your text, please answer the following questions:
1. If you were in charge of the Asian operations for McCain, how would you recommend the company overcome the challenges in the Chinese market?
2. Drawing from Hofstede’s work on global cultures, what challenges might Canadian managers at McCain face when interacting with their Chinese business colleagues?
Important points to remember about your submission:
• Times New Roman 12pt.
• Stapled (marks will be deducted if the assignment is not stapled)
• Do not exceed 2 pages
• Do not include a title page
• The assignment must be submitted to Turnitin by the deadline (see turnitin submission process below)
• The heading on the first page must include your complete name, student number, section number, name of the assignment, turnitin confirmation number and name of professor.
• The deadline for the hard-copy submission is 12:15 PM on Monday, October 3rd, 2011.
Turnitin submission process
Click on the Assignments folder in Blackboard:
• Select the correct assignment (e.g. Mini-assignment #1 or Mini-assignment #2)
• Select 'file upload' to submit your paper from the drop down menu
• Select your name from the drop down menu
• Your first name and last name will automatically populate the name fields
• Enter the correct assignment name (e.g. Mini-assignment #1 or Mini-assignment #2)
• Upload your file and click submit
• Save the emailed receipt for your records and include your turnitin confirmation number on your hard copy to be submitted in class.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document