1. SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT PROFILE
2.2 Mission Statement
“ Sony is committed to developing a wide range of innovative products and multimedia services that challenge the way consumers access and enjoy digital entertainment. By ensuring synergy between businesses within the organisation, Sony is constantly striving to create exciting new worlds of entertainment that can be experienced on a variety of different products.”
2.3 Vision Statement
“ To create exciting new digital entertainment experiences for consumers by bringing together cutting-edge products with latest generation content and services.”
2.4 Business Objectives
Sony’s main corporate objectives are:
1. Strengthen its all-important electronics business.
2. To maintain market leadership in high profile areas such as televisions, digital imaging, home video equipment and portable audio 3. To maximise the full power and potential of HD.
4. To provide the tools for customers to create, edit, store, share and enjoy High Definition content. 5. To capitalise on the synergy between its electronics business, content creation capabilities and movie, music, mobile and computer games interests
2. OVERVIEW OF PLAYSTATION VITA
Playstation vita is a handheld console game that was released by Sony Computer Entertainment in Australia early this year in February. The console presents improved features of its predecessor Playstation Portable, making it more appealing and attractive to its target market . The product offers different benefits to its target segment such as: * Never Stop Playing with 3G: this feature enables the user to play in any location without any restriction in terms of connection allowing him/her to get real-time scores, game rankings, news feeds, competitive multiplayer game sessions and cross-game text messaging. * Dual Analog Sticks
* Monitor Sensor: allows the...