Assessment Task 2:
Monitor marketing strategies and tactics
1. A collection of data that relates to the Marketing Plan in the Appendix of this assessment. Your Assessor will advise you on the options to be taken in this assessment: • Use the data supplied in the Appendix to this assessment and the Marketing Plan in the Student Workbook. 2. Prepare a one to two page project update report that outlines the current progress of the marketing activities against the marketing plan and overall objectives. Your report should comment on the strategies and tactics being used to:
• monitor and implement the promotional activities
• monitor product, pricing and distribution decisions
• monitor marketing results against targets in the Marketing Plan • monitor marketing revenue and costs against budget
• record variations in revenue and costs against budget
Statement by the chair of the board:
“Within the next ten years BBQfun will become a national retail brand, catering to the needs of home makers with a range of unique, high quality outdoor-lifestyle products made accessible to all through our easy to manage payment plan.”
“BBQfun’s values have been the same for as long as the organisation has existed.”
The current marketing plan against actual results for the year according CEO:
“We now need to change our focus from local suppliers of services to national Ones”
Were achieved our store growth and sales growth but our gross profit margins are currently sitting on 48%. So, expansion in sales is a key issue here.
The radio advertisement was more expensive than expected in the budjet . Marketing expense budget for radio was 30,000$ and overall $180,000. Were spent $70,000 on radio advertising and $220,000 overall including magazines/PR...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document