Many iBT speaking questions ask you to talk about things that you enjoy, things that you value, or things that you are good at. Practice with the following topics. Be sure to support your response with specific reasons and details. You have 15 seconds to prepare and 45 seconds to speak. 1. What is your favorite hobby?
2. Describe a talent you have
3. What is a good book that you would recommend?
4. What is your favorite season of the year?
5. Explain about an object that is very special in your life. 6. Describe a holiday you enjoy celebrating
7. What is a possession you value highly?
8. What is your favorite method of transportation?
9. Where is your favorite park or public space?
10. What famous person would you most like to meet1. Describe an interesting trip you’ve taken. 2. What is a difficult problem you’ve had to overcome?
3. What is your favorite memory of childhood?
4. Explain an important lesson you’ve learned in life.
5. Describe a special opportunity that was given to you.
6. Describe a place that you liked to go when you were young. 7. What is something you regret?
8. Explain about a time when you felt very happy.
9. What was the most enjoyable day of your life?
10. Describe an event that has changed you in some way.
TALKING ABOUT THE PLACE YOU LIVE
1. Describe your hometown.
2. What is something about your country that makes you proud? 3. If a visitor came to your country, where would you take them? 4. If you could give a gift to your friend that is symbolic of your country, what would you give them? 5. Introduce a game from your country, and explain why you like to play it. 6. Where is a place in your hometown that you go to relax?
7. If you could visit any country, where would you go?
8. What is the most important room in your house?
9. Explain why your hometown is or isn’t a good place to live. 10. If a friend came to your country to visit, what meal would you prepare1....