Laundry attendant job description
Job purpose of Laundry attendant is to coordinates the work efforts of the production and dry cleaning areas of the laundry department. Oversees productivity of other laundry associates, conducts weekly inventories; other duties as assigned by management. Key duties/responsibilities of Laundry attendant:
1. Sorts dried articles according to type.
2. Folds and places item in appropriate storage area.
3. Sorts torn and stained articles.
4. Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry requisitions. 5. Soaks contaminated articles and processes in de-staining cycle. 6. Clean lint traps and sweeps laundry room.
7. Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap or other cleaning agent by programming laundry machines.
8. Operates laundry machinery such as washers, driers and ironers. 9. Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles. 10. Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into driers for measured time cycles.
11. Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager. 12. Checks all equipment prior to and after its use to ensure that it is in good working order and completes required engineering report as needed.
Laundry attendant job specification
Laundry attendant job specification includes job requirements: 1. Prior laundry experience required.
2. Customer service experience is required, preferably in a hotel or related field. 3. Must have schedule flexibility for AM/PM shifts, weekends and holidays 4. English language is a must, which includes speaking, reading and writing. 5. Ability to learn quickly and work in fast paced position. 6. Multi-tasking skills are a must.
7. Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate to heavy amount of weight (minimum of 9kg) 8. Ability to stand for long periods of time and move moderate distances 9. Must be 18 years or older.
10. A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document