PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
THE Name of Group: virtual Marketing
Company Chosen: DELL
Proposed product to sell: Laptop For children
Lecturer's Name: TEAH WOON SIM
Seyed Mohammad taha Mirhashemi Rote
Wadzanai Caroline Muganhu
Table of content
▪ Organization background
▪ Mission Statement
▪ Financial and non-financial results
2. External Analysis (The Company’s Microenvironment)
▪ Demographic environment
▪ Political and legal environment
▪ Economic environment
▪ Social and cultural environment
▪ Technological environment
3. SWOT Analysis
4. Competitor Analysis
5. Marketing Objectives
6. Marketing Strategies
▪ Target markets
▪ Product strategies
▪ Pricing strategies
▪ Promotion strategies
▪ Distribution strategies
8. Future Recommendations
Children‘s laptop is the new family of Dell’s laptop that The new products is optimized for children Children’s laptop is created to design to provide every child in the world access to knowledge and modern forms of education.
These machines will be rugged, Windows vista, and so energy efficient that hand-cranking alone will generate sufficient power for operation. Mesh networking will give many machines Internet access from one connection.
Major findings include:
Children Use of Technology
Children Use of Technology Access to technology has increased for all.
• Laptop children consistently show deeper and more flexible uses of technology than their Non-Laptop matched groups. • While Internet access for Laptop and Non-Laptop groups is identical at school and similar at home, Laptop children use the Internet more frequently and for longer periods of time. • Laptop children spend more time doing homework on computers than do Non-Laptop children (on average per week)
Impact on Learning
• Laptop children performed better on our writing assessment. • Standardized test score comparisons were inconclusive • Laptop children rate their confidence in computer skills more highly than Non-Laptop children.
Or in other words, laptop children implementation should include policy recommendations to change educator's underlying teaching methods to fully utilize in the classroom, no matter how clock-stopping hot the technology or noble the One Laptop per Child mission.
Dell Computer Corporation was established in 1984 and today ranks among the world's largest computer systems companies. Dell pioneered the concepts of selling personal computer systems directly to customers; offering build-to-order computer systems; and providing direct, toll-free technical support and next-day, on-site service. The company designs and customizes products and services to end-user requirements, and offers an extensive selection of peripherals and software. Dell's complete range of high-performance computer systems include: Dell Dimension and OptiPlex desktop computers, Latitude notebook computers, and Power Edge network servers. The company's products and services are sold in more than 140 countries and territories to customers extending from major corporations, government agencies and medical and educational institutions to small businesses and individuals.
Dell Computer's mission statement is:
Dell's mission is to be the most successful computer company in the world at delivering the best customer experience...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document