Concepts & Application
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN
Our institute K. R. Mangalam Global Institute of Management has given us an opportunity to show our intellectual ability through an integrated project and allow us to decide the service sector on which we want to make our project. For this we have chosen the KFC food chain. KFC is the growing brand in the world for food industry. KFC basically deals in chicken recipes whose main focus in crispy and deep fried chickens.
To know the market response of KFC we visited various chains of KFC and we also had survey on the public (who are the basic consumers of the KFC). We visited KFC chain of Noida Sector18, Lajpat Nagar, Center Stage Mall, Noida, and Ghaziabad. We concluded that according to the areas the demand keeps on fluctuating, like there is more demand in Sector 18 market chain of Noida in comparison to Center Stage Mall and we have the maximum demand in Lajpat Nagar. After the survey on chains we had a survey on the public of city through a feed back form. We also had a survey on the people working in the KFC through the human recourse feed back from. We found that they are totally satisfied by the human resource strategies of KFC. By people we concluded that they are also satisfied by the service provided by KFC, and the product what they provide are up to the mark. They find KFC food a best quality food. But then also KFC have to work hard to earn the goodwill in market in comparison to other fast food chains.
To complete this project, there have been many people who graciously gave their time and expertise in reviewing the manuscript. Their experience and direction has significantly helps us to complete this project. We would like to thank the following:
1. Dr. Athar Ali (Dean of KGIM)
2. Prof. S.S.Khullar (Programme director, MBA)
And all the faculty members and all of our fellow mates who help us to complete the task.
Several people have been of tremendous assistance in the fine-tuning of this project. All the Mangers and workers of KFC outlet where we visited and also the citizens of New Delhi who gave us their precious time for feedback.
S.No. TOPIC PAGE NO.
I Introduction 4
II History of KFC 5-8
III Success Story 9
IV KFC’s Success in India 10
V Factors Against KFC in India 11
VI Finance Strategy 12-19
VII Human Resource Strategy 20-28
VIII Operations Strategy 29-38
IX Marketing Strategy 39-49
X Management Information Systems Strategy 50-54
XI Annexures 55-56
XII Bibliography 57-58
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain, specializing in Original Recipe, Extra Crispy, Twister and Colonel's Crispy Strips chicken with homestyle sides.
KFC is part of Yum! Brands, Inc., which is the world's largest restaurant system with over 32,500 KFC, A&W All-American Food™,Taco Bell, Long John Silver's and Pizza Hut restaurants in more than 100 countries and territory.
1. Founded by Harland Sanders in 1950s when fast moving franchising was still in its infancy. Colonel Sanders was able to tap a talent hunt.
2. Secret recipe of chicken with eleven herbs and spices.
3. His foreseeing seemed to be true which is less than 13 years the chain had crossed the 300 mark.
4. His growing age promoted colonel sanders to sell off the business for $2million in 1964 to Jack Massey and John Brown Jr-two Louisville businessman.
5. In 1970 KFC merged with Heublien Inc, a producer of alcoholic beverages with little restaurant experience.
6. However soon enough conflicts arose regarding quality control issues and restaurant cleanliness.
7. In 1986 KFC was sold to Pepsico.
8. Next KFC turned their attention towards tapping into international markets and by around 1980s it had entered Japan, Australia, Mexico and places in the Carribean and UK.
9. In the 1990s it could foresee the...