Job enrichment and job enlargement
Job Enrichment should be distinguished from enlargement job enlargement attempts to make a job more varied by removing the dullness associated with performing repetitive operations. In job enrichment, the attempt is to build in to jobs a higher sense of challenge and achievement. The accumulation of achievement must lead to a felling of personal growth accompanied by a sense of responsibility. The goal of job enrichment is not merely to make the more varied but I the words of M.Scoot myers research for taxes investment, which has been experimenting with the techniques is to make every employee a manager ‘ . Thus the employee job is enriched will perform the management function of manning and controlling so far as his work is concerned. How to enrich a job
A job may be enriched by giving it Varity, and also may be enriched by :
1. Given worker more latitude in deciding about such things as work method, sequences and pace or by letting them make decisions about accepting or rejecting materials :
2. Giving workers a felling of personal responsibility for their tasks.
3. Taking steps to make sure that people can see how their tasks contribute to a finished products and the welfare of the enterprises.
4. Giving people feedback on their job performance preferable before their supervisors get in and
5. Involving workers in analysis and change of physical aspects of the worker environment such as lay out of office or plant, temperature, lighting and cleanliness. Thus in an enriched job the employee know the overall deadlines and the quality standard he must meet and with in that frame work plans the order in which he will take the various task and the time that should be devoted to each one. He holds himself responsible both or meeting the deadline and for producing the work of necessary quality, and he does not pass his work on for others to judge until he is satisfied that it meets the standards. Or if the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document