1.1 Background of the Study
Inventory is basically the total amount of goods and materials held in stock by a factory, store and other business. An inventory system is a process whereby a business keeps track of the goods and material it has available. In its simplest sense it can be done manually by a count at the end of each day. In this way it is possible to keep a record of the goods coming in to the business and goods being sold. The same case applies in Kuya’s Lumpiang Sariwa and as a result, the inventory system becomes prone to human error and would be more time consuming and security is also being risked.
Since manual inventory consumes a lot of time and is susceptible to errors, it would be helpful to build a system that will automate the transactions from acquisition of the product description to updating the inventory database. The automated inventory system will improve employees’ work efficiency by automating routinely and time consuming tasks such as the time spent in taking down product information. As a result, the time can be used in more productive activities. The accuracy of the current system will also be improved, since the automated inventory system would eliminate the need of constantly encoding lengthy details of products by having an inventory database.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.2.1General Problem The inefficient rate of manually mandating a system or accessing manual inventory system is widely known due to the time consumed of manually recording of the transactions being done, security of data is at risk, and inaccuracy of data. The authors considered the problems encountered in using manual inventory system.
Automated Inventory System|
1.2.2 Specific Problems
1. Time Consuming The inventory of materials is done manually in such a way that employee writes down the details of different materials every time a transaction is being done. These results, taking too much time.
2. Data Loss It defines to the unforeseen information. The possible root cause of data spill in Kuya’s Lumpiang Sariwa is the file drawer or cabinet which serves as their storage. If not properly secured, misplacement of data sheets and theft can take place due to security failure.
3. Prone to Errors The taking down of transactions encoded manually by the assigned employee to do the inventory would probably commit mistake. Inaccuracy of data is being risked.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.3.1 General Objective The main objective of the proposed inventory system is to facilitate the inventory operation of Kuya’s Lumpiang Sariwa, thereby enhancing data monitoring to aim a more efficient system.
1.3.2 Specific Objectives
1. Minimize working time The automated inventory system will provide userfriendly interface that will lessen the job through user defined
Automated Inventory System|
buttons. Tasks of the assigned employee’ such as encoding of data details is easier and fast compared to the old system.
2. Improve security protection controls Security of inventory reports and other data information is not at risk due to the provided log-in window in database inventory system that will ask for a password secured by the administration. Employees that will do the inventory will have a complete access in the system; other employees cannot enter or access the automated system. Updating of passwords can be done.
3. Increase accuracy in data entry. Entry of data ensures accurate details of the material due to the built – in checks in the new system, as one of the systems features. It will eliminate errors such as “erase and replace”.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The study will be a significant endeavor in promoting efficiency and more effective inventory system. By understanding and evaluating the need of the company, the employee as well as the administrators can be assured for a more productive and competitive system. The proposed system has been designed...