Composition of Main Guard
An interior guard system is installed by commander of all military installations to preserve, protect property, and enforce military regulations. Security is part of the composition of the interior guard system. Separate units are responsible for posting interior in their areas.
The elements of the interior guard system are classified according to their purposes. They include the main guards and special guards. The latter category consists of park, train boat guards and other detailed for specific purposes. Generally, the interior guard consist of a system of patrols and fixed post (Fig 9-1)
Normally, an interior guard system is composed of the following: One (1) Field Officer of the Day (FOD); one officer or more Sergeants of the Guard (SOG); a relief commander for each relief; and sentinels of the guard, the number of sentinels needed for routine daytime duty is ordinarily much smaller than the number required at night or on Sunday and Holidays.
Functions and General Duties of Personnel
1. Field Officer of the Day (FOD) – A field grade officer detailed at FOD is the commanding officer’s personal representative. His primary concern is the proper supervision in the performance of duty of the interior guards.
2. Officer of the (OD) – The OD is responsible for the proper performance of duty by the main guards. He is charged with executing all orders of the commanding officer relating to interior guard duty.
3. Commander of the Guard (COG) – He is responsible for the instruction, discipline, and performance of the guards. Being a senior in rank, the commander of the guards is responsible for proper action in case of emergency.
4. Sergeant of the Guard (SOG) – The SOG is the overall supervision over the other NCOs and sentinel of the guards. He takes over a commander of the guards in case no one else is detailed as such.
5. Relief Commander – The relief commander instructs members of his... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Interior Guard Duty. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Interior-Guard-Duty-1451446.html
"Interior Guard Duty" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Interior-Guard-Duty-1451446.html>.
- MLA 7
"Interior Guard Duty." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Interior-Guard-Duty-1451446.html>.
"Interior Guard Duty." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Interior-Guard-Duty-1451446.html.