WHERE ARE WE?
* Standing in the Mind
* Standing in the Market
WHY ARE WE THERE?
* Marketing Mix
The Magnolia Ice Cream brand boasts 7 different variants of Ice cream to cater to the discriminating taste of its various customers. This includes the Classic Line, the Gold Label, the Sorbetes line, the No Sugar Added, the Kiddie line, Imported line and the Limited edition line. the Classic and Gold Label come in 425ml, 475ml, 1.5L and 3.0L, while the Limited Edition and the Sorbetes line come in 1.5L and 1.0L respectively. the Imported on the other hand comes in 800ml while the Kiddie and the no Sugar Added both come in 700ml.
Recently Magnolia, in partner with the Department of Tourism launched a brand new line of Ice Cream to promote their Best of the Philippines collection. Each flavor contains with it a specific Filipino delicacy from a well known province to further advertise the wonder of Filipino Cuisine. The Macapuno Langka and Macapuna bannana both showcase Lagna's tast Macapuno while Coffee Crumble and Tsokolate Tablea both boast of Batangas' aromatic coffee beans and tablea tsokolate. Ube Keso and Mangoes and Cream on the other hand avertise Baguio's Good Shepherd Ube and Guimaras' sweet mangoes.
Magnolia originally carries 7 variants of Ice Cream.
2. Gold Label
4. No Sugar Added
6. Limited Edition
Recently they lanuched their new "Best of the Philippines" line in conjunction with the tagline "Taste the Philippines" to showcase local delicacies. 1. Macapuno Langka (Laguna)
2. Macapuno Banana (Laguna)
3. Coffee Crumble (Batangas)
4. Tsokolate Tablea (Batangas)
5. Ube Keso (Baguio)
6. Mangoes and Cream (Guimaras)
Magnolia Ice Cream Products come in a variety of quantities. 1. Classic - 3.0L, 1.5L, 425ml
2. Gold Label - 3.0l, 1.5L, 475ml
3. Sorbetes - 1.0L
4. No Sugar Added - 700ml
5. Kiddie - 700ml
6. Limited Edition - 1.5L
7. Imported - 800ml
8. Best of the Philippines - 1.5L
Magnolia's price range is slightly on par or higher than its competitors Selecta and Nestle. Its prices range from Php65 for the 425ml to 390 for the 3.0L tubs which makes it one of the more pricier ice cream brands in the market. 1. Classic - Php 390.00
2. Gold Label - Php 420.00
3. Sorbetes - Php 99.00
4. No Sugar Added
6. Limited Edition – NA
7. Imported - Php 108.00
8. Best of the Philippines - Php 240.00
Magnolia can be found in nearly all supermarkets, convenience stores, and malls.
Magnolia does not engage heavily in advertising unlike Selecta and Nestle. Most recent TV commercials: Best of the Philippines advertisement. Pacquiao Family advertisements. Magnolia Fizz commercial with Elmo Magalona
* SWOT Analysis
* Since Magnolia has been known to Filipinos as one of the best ice cream manufacturers in the country, they are able to present quality ice cream that has never been less of what Filipinos deserve, and this is also seen in their new Best of the Philippines collection. * Magnolia’s Best of the Philippines Collection promotes Filipino culture and pride by featuring ice cream flavors that support tourist spots and festivals of Laguna and Batangas in line with the Philippines’ tourism campaign themed “It’s more fun in the Philippines”. * The collection, while priding itself on showcasing new and delicious Filipino flavors, still adheres to conventional pricing. * Magnolia has high-quality product standards and modern production technology. * Magnolia ice cream has an affordable and reasonable price compared to other...