Fully Solved IBPS PO General Awareness Question Paper for Common Written Exam held on 18th September, 2011
IBPS had conducted the PO/MT Exam in September 2011 and November 2011 (Supplementary) is which 10 lakh students appeared for the Exam.In this post we are publishing the IBPS PO Question Paper 2011 (General Awareness Section). Candidates appearing for the Upcoming IBPS Exams in 2012 must go through the IBPS General Awareness Questions given below.These questions will give you an idea about what Questions are likely to figure out in IBPS Exams 2012.
Here are the 50 Question of General Awareness Section of IBPS PO Question Paper 2011:
1). Which of the following countries recently conferred its Highest State Honour on Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi for her contribution to its "Liberation War" ?
(1) South Sudan (2) Bangladesh
(3) Bhutan (4) Slovakia (5) Croatia
2). Which of the following statements in true ?
(1) Banks cannot accept and demand time deposits from public (2) Banks can only accept demand deposits from public. (3) Banks can only accept time deposits from public. (4) Banks can accept both time and demand deposits from public. (5) Banks can accept demand and time deposits from Government.
3). Interest Payable on savings bank account is (1) Not regulated by RBI (2) Regulated by State Governments. (3) Regulated by Central Government (4) Regulated by RBI (5) Regulated by Finance Minister.
4). Which among the following is the correct statement ?
(1) State Bank of India is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India. (2) A Nationalised Bank in the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India (3) A Cooperative bank is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India. (4) RBI is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India. (5) None of the above.
5). The Home Minister of India was recently on a visit to Bangladesh where both the countries signed a Coordinated Border Management Plan (CBMP).What are the major points of this agreement ?
(A) The plan will help in resolving the long pending border dispute with the two countries. (B) The head count of people living in enclaves on the border will be completed with in next six month's time (C) India will assure that no BSF Jawan will open fire on the people crossing the borders unless there is attack on them.
(1) Only (A) (2) Only (B) (3) Only (C) (4) All (A), (B) and (C)
(5) Both (A) and (C)
6. The Government of India has recently decided to raise the price of oil products like diesel, petrol and cooking gas .However, some taxes on these products were reduced or scrapped all together.What were these taxes that were reduced or scrapped ?
(A) Customs Duty (B) VAT (C) Excise Duty
(1) Only (A) (2) Both (A) and (B) (3) Both (A) and (C) (4) Both (B) and (C) (5) All (A), (B) and (C)
7). The President of India was recently on a visit to South Korea and Mongolia. During her visit some agreements were signed by both the countries.Which of the following was a common area on which India signed agreements with both Korea and Mongolia ?
(1) Peaceful use of Nuclear Energy.
(2) Export edible oil to South Korea and Mongolia (3) Providing technical help to become self sufficient in production of feed grains (4) Willingness of both the countries to support India's bid to have permanent seat in UN Security Council (5)To Hold Olympic games in 2022, in New Delhi jointly with South Korea and Mongolia.
8). Iran recently threatened that it will stop supply of oil to India, if the Payment issued is not sorted out quickly? What is the problem in payment to Iran ?
(A) The Oil supplied by Iran is of Sub-Standard quality.Hence India suspended the supply and stopped the payment. (B) Indian Banks have stopped the transfer of money to Iran as UN has imposed sanctions on Iran. (C) India is bound to purchase oil only from the OPEC members. Iran has abandoned the membership of OPEC, which has created a problem...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document