Family Support Service Project
Part One: Program Information:
Name of Program: Peninsula Family YMCA Preschool/Childcare
* Address: (Main Office) 4390 Valeta Street & (Preschool) 4425 Valeta Street
San Diego, CA 92107
* Phone Number: (619) 226-8888
* Office Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30am-9:00pm, Sat 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Sun 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Childcare hours vary by site according to community and school needs. Generally, the program runs from 6:30 a.m. until school begins and resumes after school dismisses until 6:00 p.m., including minimum days.
* The Peninsula Family YMCA Preschool/Childcare is a non-profit organization that has a preschool and a child care program available to children before and after school. They provide activities to children that are designed to spark a child’s imagination and encourage life-long positive values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The Peninsula Family YMCA bases their philosophy on the fundamental belief that children learn best when their work is meaningful and integrate all areas of curriculum through short-term explorations and long-term projects. Children at the Peninsula Family YMCA are viewed as protagonists in their learning and are encouraged to work in collaboration with their peers to co-construct new theories and ideas. The role of their teachers is to extend and deepen children’s ideas and theories. Through careful observation, documentation, thoughtful questions and deep reflections, their teachers work in partnership with the children to negotiate curriculum, extend thinking and develop explorations.
Research has shown that early experiences in programs such as The Peninsula Family YMCA Preschool, improve children’s abilities to develop socially, intellectually and emotionally before they enter kindergarten, and that children who attended high-quality preschool like the YMCA’s will have more successful academic careers and develop the social skills necessary to adapt more easily to an elementary school environment. The Peninsula YMCA is committed to creating high-quality, imaginative, dynamic, educational programs for children, families and educators.
Eligibility Criteria for Services:
* The eligibility criteria for services requires that all child care forms be completed and received by the YMCA office 2 days prior to starting the program. Children must be toilet-trained, meet age requirements, and availability is limited to space. Payments must be paid monthly through the Automatic Bank Transfer System or online by the 25th of each month and the first month payment is due upon registration.
* Fees for both the Preschool and before/after school Child Care do not include School Holidays and vary according to the number of days they attend and whether or not they are a member of the YMCA or a non-member. Fee specifics can be viewed below.
Number of Days
| Monthly Fee
| $231 / $287
| $181 / $227
| $149 / $176
Number of People Served:
* The Peninsula Family YMCA Preschool/Childcare serves approximately 600 children. This number does not include other services the YMCA provides to children.
* The Peninsula Family YMCA Preschool serves children ages 3-5 and the before/after school Childcare serves children ages 5-12 years old.
* The Peninsula Family YMCA Preschool/Childcare serves the areas of Point Loma, Ocean Beach, Midway, Mission Beach, & Pacific Beach. Specific sites can be viewed below.
| License #
Silver Gate Elementary
1421 Venice St, 92107
Ocean Beach Elementary
4741 Santa Monica Ave, 92107
2930 Barnard St, 92110
3120 Talbot St, 92106
Referrals to Other Programs:
Please join StudyMode to read the full document