The Disease Questionnaire is designed to test your current knowledge regarding disease and its impact on society, after you have completed the required readings. Be prepared to discuss the questionnaire in class.
1. WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO PREVENT NOSOCOMIAL INFECTIONS? a. Taking a bath
c. Eating right
d. Using a tissue when sneezing
2. Actions that can lead to cancer prevention include which of the following? a. Protect skin from sun exposure
b. Perform regular breast / testicular exams
c. Do not smoke
d. All of the above
3. What are three common predisposing factors that make a person more susceptible to disease? a. Age, stress, and ethnicity
b. Stress, ethnicity, and physical features
c. Age, stress, and heredity
d. Heredity, physical features, and place of birth
4. This type of immune response is destructive instead of defensive: a. Specific Immunity
5. The number of cases of a disease occuring at a specific time in a certain population is its: a. Prognosis
6. Infection refers to which of the following?
a. Relates to breathing mechanism
b. Inflammation of tissue due to invasion of pathogens c. Hypertension
7. Approximately how many deaths were there worldwide from cancer in 2005? a. 7,600
8. An individual that has an ill, thin, wasted appearance is said to have: a. Malignant
9. Palliative care focuses on which of the following?
a. Physical therapy and education
b. Surgical procedure...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document