MS. PRATHEEPA AP O C RAJARATNAM
akistan was established in 1947, following a partition from India. Though Pakistan was influenced by many empires and invading cultures, it protects its cultures and reinvents itself as a Muslim nation. Understanding the culture fully before undertaking any business is vital. Any ignorance of culture of certain country can offend business clients, their employees and halt overall product & services offered. We must admit our partners may see things differently. Thus, we will be less likely to make negative assumptions and more likely to make progress when negotiating. Appended below the factors need be considered while in Pakistan:
* Men preferably in business attire while casual pants and shirts are allowed for women. * Women Clothing must cover your entire body except face and hands. Women are requested to wear headscarf at holy places. * Materials should be thick.
* Woman’s body shape shouldn’t be apparent and clothing must hang loose. DON’TS
* Women’s clothing should not resemble men clothing
* Clothing material must not be so thin
* Designs on clothing must not consist of bold designs
* Both men and women are allowed to wear denim.
* Casual shalwar for man and Shalwar kammeez for women are encouraged. * Women are advised to cover their hair while visiting tribal areas and Western Province BEHAVIOUR
Meeting and greeting
* Greetings are allowed within the same sex. However, greeting across opposite sex often take place in middle and high class society. * Men shake hands with each other. They may hug as well as shake hands once relationship develops. Women generally will hug and kiss. Pakistanis generally take their time asking about family, health and business. * A more experienced, high profile or older people are always respected in the community. Therefore, people in this category should be...