Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
Directions: Develop an educational series proposal for your community using one of the following four topics which will be chosen within your CLC group:
2) Environmental Issues
3) Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
4) Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
Planning Before Teaching:
|Name and Credentials of Teacher: | |Patricia Cleaves, RN | |Noreen Hankins, RN | |Samantha Prato RN | |Penny Simpson, RN | |Estimated Time Teaching Will Last: |Location of Teaching: | |55-60 minutes |All high Schools in the community / Public health Services. | |Supplies, Material, Equipment Needed: |Estimated Cost: | |Pens, Paper, chalk, Laptop, projector, overhead screen |$300.00 | |Each student will receive a gift bag with DVD (point power |Schools owns projector, overhead screen, teacher owns laptop | |presentation of this lecture) , index cards, envelope, hand| | |sanitizer, condoms, resources materials, and chocolate | | |candy kisses . Presentation is in Spanish also. | | |Community and Target Aggregate: Teenagers primarily 9-10 graders | |Topic: Educate and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Disease with teenagers. |
Epidemiological Rationale for Topic:
Sexual risk behaviors place adolescents at risk for HIV infection, other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and unintended pregnancy among U.S. school surveyed in 2011 from the Center of Diseases Control (CDC,2011). An estimated 8,300 young people aged 13–24 years in the 40 states reporting to CDC had HIV infection in 2009.Nearly half of the 19 million new STDs ( Sexually Transmitted Diseases) each year are among young people aged 15–24 years. More than 400,000 teen girls aged 15–19 years gave birth in 2009(CDC, 2009)
• 47.4% had ever had sexual intercourse
• 33.7% had had sexual intercourse during the previous 3 months, and, of these
• 39.8% did not use a condom the last time they had sex
• 76.7% did not use birth control pills or Depo-Provera to prevent pregnancy the last time they had sex
• 5.3% had had sex with four or more people during their life
• 12%) teens has had oral sex
Nursing Diagnosis: Risk of STD infection related to lack of knowledge of STD prevention as evidence by teenager sexual behavior.
Readiness for Learning: Identify the factors that would indicate the readiness to learn for the target aggregate. Include emotional and experiential readiness to learn.
• Curiosity about their sexual bodies
• Asking question about sex and their bodies
• Sexual feeling toward the opposite sex / same
• Actively engaged in sexual relation with other
Learning Theory to Be Utilized: Explain how the theory will be...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document