Associate Level Material
The Life Resource Center (LRC) and REV Wellness Center websites are valuable free tools available to University of Phoenix students. Taking some time to explore these websites to discover some of the many topics, resources, and tools available is a great way to find information to enhance and support health and wellness.
Option 1: Chronic Disease Risk Assessment
Take one of the health risk assessments located on the LRC website. After completing the assessment, write a 500- to 750-word summary that includes the following:
* Description of the disease
* Risk factors for the disease
* Lifestyle choices you can make in your life to decrease your modifiable risk factors for this disease
To locate the health risk assessments follow these instructions:
* Login to the student website.
* Click on the Programs tab at the top of the page, and then on Life Resource Center under Services. * From the LRC home page, click on Thriving.
* Click on Health Tools.
* Click on Assess Your Health.
* Click on the Health Risks tab.
Note. Do not submit or divulge your assessment results. Results should remain private.
Finding out that you have any type of cancer will change your life and wonder how and why it happens to them. Even after many years and billions of dollars of research, we still don't know exactly what causes cancer. But we do know how to identify people who are at higher risk of developing specific cancers. A well-known cancer that majority women get but also men can get as well is breast cancer. Breast cancer is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast. Everyone has a risk factor; a risk factor is anything that affects your chances of getting a particular disease. They are risk factors that you cannot change and those are: age, gender, family history of breast cancer, genes, and menstrual cycle....