1. Start Project 2010, open the Home-1 file located in the Project1\Case1 folder included with your Data Files, and then save the project file as NewHome-1 in the same folder.
2. Resize the Entry table pane so that you can see the Finish column.
3. Open the Project Information dialog box, and then write down the date that is displayed in the Finish date box. Close the Project Information dialog box without making any changes.
Fisnish date: Tue 11/4/14
4. Enter the following tasks and corresponding durations in rows 12, 13, and 14: Paint interior, 3 days; Lay carpet, 3 days; Install wood trim, 16 days. Notice that all tasks start on the project Start date. You will learn in later tutorials how to change this.
5. Open the task form below the Gantt chart. View the Predecessors & Successors for tasks 6, 7, and 8. Close the Details view.
6. Change the duration for the first two tasks—Secure financing and Purchase lot—to 4 days each.
7. Display the Timescale dialog box. Change the Units, Label, and Count for the Middle tier to options of your choice. Close the dialog box.
8. Open the Print tab to preview the Gantt Chart view of this project, and then use the Page Setup dialog box to enter your name in the left portion of the header.
9. Use the Page Setup dialog box to change the Fit to settings so that the printout fits on one page, and then submit the finished Gantt chart to your instructor, either in printed or electronic form, as requested.
10. Switch to Calendar view of this project.
11. Do you notice anything different about this view from previous work in the Tutorial? Write down an explanation as to why you think this is useful. Open the Timescale dialog box for Calendar view and notice the check mark next to the Display month pane check box. Ans: Yes, I notice the change in the view. Calendar view presents a broad look...