* The company is one of the India’s largest integrated diamond and jewellery companies established in 1986. * Sight holders status with DTC through a promoter group company. * Sophisticated and scalable diamond and jewellery manufacturing facilities. * Approximately 1,246 retail outlets in India and 143 outlets in the U. S. Strategy and outlook
* The company will continue to focus on growing its domestic retail business, maturing its acquisitions overseas and follow the organic and inorganic route to growth. * The company has taken effective steps to optimize its production costs further and improve profitability. * Its diversification in the Lifestyle space is also expected to contribute to revenue, and the infrastructure projects are also going to be implemented as per plan.
* Ramping up the retail chain
* Expanding stores in India
* Acquisitions including Samuels. Rogers and Tri star.
* Plans to make further inorganic growth in the U.S and Far East. * Expanding manufacturing capabilities to address increasing demand * Further integration within the jewellery value chain
* Higher margins in retail business
* Higher value addition
* Gitanjali lifestyles to focus on Manufacture and distribution of luxury and Lifestyle products. * Developing 200 acres gems & Jewellery SEZ in Hyderabad. * Plans to develop more SEZ’s focused on gems & jewellery across India. * To partner for developing real estate infrastructure.
* Leverage its key strengths.
* Large opportunity for incremental revenue.
* Diversify business model
M.PORTER’S FIVE FORCE MODEL FOR JEWELLERY INDUSTRY
INTER FIRM RIVALRY : HIGH
Two types of rivalry :
INSIDE INDIA :
* Large presence of unorganized sector 0.2 million gold jewellers and over 8000 diamond jewellers. OUTSIDE INDIA