Problem and Its Setting
Tagaytay City is located in the province of Cavite in the Philippines. This city is one of the most popular tourist destinations within the country and is only 55 kilometers away from Manila by road. Tagaytay City provides a spectacular view of the Taal Volcano. The city is also considered to be the second summer capital of the country, next to Baguio City, because of its cool climate due to its high altitude. Tagaytay City lies on top of the Tagaytay Ridge, which, at 640 meters above sea level, is the highest point in Cavite. The ridge provides a spectacular view of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano in Batangas. This view supports Tagaytay's main industry. The city of Tagaytay is a tourist attraction for local and foreign visitors. It is a vantage point of Taal Lake and Volcano. Tagaytay also offers a view of Taal Lake - a lake within an island within a lake. With this Shizuka Nature Resort would be a tourist destination for families, business people want to relax and foreign tourist for a pleasant and quite venue to spend vacations. In Shizuka Nature Resort offers a artificial Onsen, pools for adult and children and zen spa were the tourist enjoy. Shizuka Nature Resort has its own Japanese Restaurant that serve authentic Japanese dish and a fusion of Filipino taste, a Japanese garden that really enjoy with the people want to see Japan and many more facilities. Setting of the Study
Shizuka Nature Resort is located in Alta Monde via Magallanes Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay City. It is one hour and forty five minutes drive coming from Costal Road via Aguinaldo Highway and one and a half hours drive from accessible via South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and take Sta. Rosa exit. Shizuka Nature Resort has a 50 hotel rooms and a restaurant. The nature resort has a Japanese garden and manmade waterfalls and outside hot springs.
Map of Tagatay
Statement of the Problem
This study determines the ways to establish a class AAA resort and its viability. It aims to answer the questions related to the following aspects:
1. What marketing strategy will the business apply?
2. Who will be the target market?
3. How will it be priced?
1. What will be the organization structure?
2. What are the job specifications and job descriptions for each position in the business? 3. How many people will be hired?
4. How much will be the salary of the people?
1. What facilities will the business require?
2. What equipment and materials are required by the business? 3. What quality measures should be observed in the business to maintain high quality service? Financial Aspect:
1. How much would be the initial capital?
2. Where will the capital come from?
3. How much will be allotted to the equipment and materials? Socio-Economic Aspect:
1. How could the business help the Philippine economy?
2. Who will benefit from the study?
3. How will they be benefited?
Objectives of the Study
The main objective of the study was to determine the profitability of putting up a business. The study also aimed to determine the following: Marketing Aspect:
1. To specify the marketing strategy the business should apply to be able to have a good market position 2. To encourage the target markets to patronize the products and services 3. To set a reasonable price of the product
1. To determine the structure of the organization
2. To specify the job specifications and job descriptions for each position in the business 3. To identify the number of people to be hired
4. To set the salary of the people
5. To assure the accessibility of the location of the business to the target market Technical Aspect:
1. To determine the facilities and...