McDonald’s mission is to be the UK’s favourite family restaurant and it believes that this involves protecting the environment at a local and global level. McDonald strives to ensure that its operations today do not have a negative impact on the lives of future generations. McDonald’s goal is to achieve continuous environmental improvement. It complies with all current legislation and , where possible, act in anticipation of future environmental legislation, McDonald’s bases its environmental program around the hierarchy of ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ and are committed to continuous review, evaluation and improvement of its program. This includes setting targets and monitoring and reporting on progress towards meeting them. McDonald’s business impacts on the environment through:
* Sourcing agricultural products and other materials to serve and build its restaurants * The operation of its restaurants and administrative functions. McDonald’s aim to address these impacts by:
Restaurant Operations- focusing on restaurant processes to:
* Improve energy efficiency
* Minimise impacts associated with odours, noise, effluent and emissions to atmosphere * Reduce the amount of solid waste
* Increase the value recovered from solid waste before its responsible disposal. * Maintain a litter free environment around its restaurants by conducting regular litter patrols. Purchasing- focusing on procurement to:
* Work in partnership with environmentally responsible suppliers to minimise the resource use and pollution associative with its products and operations; New Restaurants- focusing on the development of new restaurants to: * Minimise the impact on the environment of local communities; * Minimise the environmental impact of construction itself; * Reduce the environmental impact of building materials and increase the energy efficiency of the restaurant design It’s Employees- focusing...