Case Study of Delhi Bus Rapid Transit System - Bringing Cultural Change through Mass Communication
1. Your role and contribution
1. Vijita S. Aggarwal (Reader - University School of Management Studies) is a senior faculty member at University School of Management Studies GGS Indraprastha University with a PhD in the area of branding and mass communication. She is teaching marketing, strategic management, and social impact of business at the university. She advised on the structure of the media communication strategy for developing awareness, usage and communication tools about the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor.
2. Manoj Aggarwal (CEO - Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited) has a wide experience in transportation sector. Prior to his current role, he has worked as Chief General Manager in Delhi Transport Corporation and Sr. VP (Road Transport) in Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Limited. He was earlier responsible for the overall operation and management of the BRT corridor. One of his key areas of focus was generating awareness about the new system and increasing its awareness and logic among different stakeholders and pressure groups.
3. Jaspal Singh (Deputy Manager – Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Limited) has around 3 years of experience in transportation sector. He is responsible for the execution of the marketing strategy as well as for the documentation of all key initiatives. In his current role, he is involved in the day to day operation of the BRT Corridor.
2. Outcome of the project and its impact
The key outcome of the project will be to showcase the importance of mass communication in implementing public transport projects. Most of the infrastructure projects, mainly in the area of public transporation, neglect marketing and community involvement, even when these are as important components as operations, planning and finance for the successful implementation of the project. Till...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document